OEE and WOW Coordinator
Outdoor Environmental Education
At McGillis, we believe that learning extends beyond the four walls of the classroom.
- What kind of outdoor clothing and gear will I need to provide for my student?
- What gear does the school provide?
- Is my student required to attend the overnight trips?
- What is the food like on trips? What if my student has special dietary needs?
- What if there is bad weather?
- Our family isn’t “outdoorsy.” What if our child has never camped or done these activities before?
- We are feeling nervous about the overnight trips, what advice do you have?
- Who leads the trips?
- What location will my child travel to for their trip?
“Like many students, I didn’t always thrive as a learner in the traditional classroom. I love watching our students’ curiosity and enthusiasm spark when placed in a new learning environment. My hope is that through positive outdoor experiences, students will feel inspired to be lifelong stewards of the planet.” Heidi MacNaughton