The werewolves will howl,
The monsters will mash!
It’s time to celebrate the season with a
PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST!
Gather with your family of witches, mummies, goblins and ghosts, to show off your best carving (or decorating) skills. Organize a Spooky-Zoom with friends for a virtual carving party and costume parade.
It will be Spooktacular!
The Parent Association will announce the winners from each grade in the McGillis Messenger on Sunday, November 8. Please have pictures posted by Wednesday, November 4 to be entered into the contest! The contest is open to all current McGillis students. Prizes will be delivered to students Tuesday, November 10.
Here are a few reminders to reduce the spread of COVID-19 during this year's holiday celebrations:
- When planning to host a holiday celebration, you should assess current COVID-19 levels in the community to determine whether to postpone, cancel, or limit the number of attendees. There are several factors that contribute to the risk of getting infected or infecting others with the virus that causes COVID-19 at a holiday celebration. In combination, these factors will create various amounts of risk, so it is important to consider them individually and together. Read more: CDC, Holiday Celebrations.
- Salt Lake County is currently in the “high level of transmission. Please follow Utah’s guidance for gathering safely including:
- Stay home when sick
- Wear masks in both indoor and outdoor settings
- Practice good hygiene
- Social gatherings of 10 or fewer
- Physical distancing between household groups
- Follow public health quarantine/isolation guidanc
- Read more: Utah Health Guidance
- Reference 10/14/20 update from The McGillis School COVID-19 Task Force.