The McGillis School's Diversity Statement
The McGillis School is built on the premise that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging matter. As a school founded on Jewish values, culture, and history, we understand how vital it is to hear, understand, and learn from those who have been marginalized. We believe a diverse, inclusive community is essential to a rich educational experience, and we support each person in our community to reach their full potential. Commitment to this work is crucial for the long-term viability and success of our School.
Compelled by our purpose to create individuals committed and able to repair the world, our community endeavors to:
- honor each student’s individual story and experience
- foster diversity of thought and an open exchange of ideas
- empower students to meaningfully encounter difference
- nurture moral and intellectual growth
- effect change in a dynamic, increasingly interconnected world.
We strive to recruit, retain, and support a diverse student body, faculty, staff, and board.