In the Fall of 2010, the Board of Trustees launched a comprehensive plan to evaluate The McGillis School’s strategic direcion. We surveyed parents, administration, staff, faculty, and conducted outside focus groups to assess the school’s strengths, challenges, and opportunities. With this informaion, we have idenified instituional prioriies for the future and detailed them in a new Strategic Plan. Over the next five years, The McGillis School will focus on the following strategic objecives:
- Program Excellence: A curriculum of extraordinary quality delivered by outstanding faculty and designed to create individuals committed and able to repair the world.
- Resource Development: A fiscally healthy and responsible school.
- Marketing and Communications: An established school idenity with a clearly ariculated value proposition.
- Community and Culture: A diverse and inclusive community and culture.
The Board of Trustees and the Strategic Planning Committee recognize that The McGillis School is functioning in a rapidly changing world. While we work on accomplishing the goals in this strategic plan, we are committed to coninued and ongoing assessment of future challenges and needs. We will remain flexible in order to seize strategic development and growth opportunities as they arise. In evaluating future opportunities, the following questions must be considered:
- Is it consistent with The McGillis School’s mission and values?
- Does it benefit the students?
- Does The School have the resources to manage the initiaive?
- Does it build or reinforce The School’s compeitive advantage or enhance The School’s reputation/identity?
- Will it likely yield a result that is sustainable?
- Will it create a positive connection to a community beyond The School?
The following plan is the culminaion of extensive efforts by Board members, administraion, staff, faculty, parents, and other community members who devoted ime, energy, insight, and creaivity to this endeavor. We are grateful to the Strategic Planning Committee for guiding us through this process.
The ambitions put forth in this Strategic Plan excite our imaginaions and deepen our commitment to educate children and instill in our students a love of learning, the abilities to think critically and live ethically, and to appreciate the value of each individual.