Every gift makes a difference...
The McGillis School is committed to sustaining an academically vigorous learning community that recognizes each student as a unique individual and inspires them to be enthusiastic learners and ethical citizens. Tuition alone does not cover the cost of building this foundation and providing this education. We must raise additional funds in order to deliver the best possible education to our students.
The Annual Fund is the most important gift you can make to The McGillis School each year. Your contribution has a direct impact on the quality of education at The McGillis School. Like most independent schools, our tuition provides approximately 86 percent of the cost of each student’s education. Your tax-deductible annual donation immediately enriches students’ academic and co-curricular experiences.
- A vigorous curriculum delivered by outstanding faculty and designed to create individuals committed and able to repair the world.
- Creativity is developed and expressed through music, visual, and the performing arts.
- Through competitive athletics, our students learn important life skills such as teamwork, commitment, sportsmanship, responsibility, persistence, and leadership.
- Over 20% of our students receive financial assistance helping create a more diverse and inclusive community with a strong emphasis on ethics, service, and environmental stewardship.
- Excellent faculty are attracted by the opportunities for professional growth that fuel excellence and innovation in the classroom.
The Annual Gala supports key initiatives of the School such as program enrichment and financial aid – to strengthen and broaden our offerings and our community. It is both an important fundraising event and a wonderful community event. Be sure to save the date March 9, 2013 for our Here’s Looking at You, Kid Gala.