The McGillis Wonderful Outdoor Winter (WOW) program will provide all students in grades 1-8 an opportunity to try a new winter sport or increase their ability at a winter sport they already enjoy. We are working to solidify our sports offerings and venue locations. This is a glimpse of the program; sign-up information and forms will be available this fall.
- The Wonderful Outdoor Winter (WOW) program will take place on Thursday afternoons for six weeks beginning the last Thursday of January.
- All students in grades 1-8 will commit to one activity for the entire six-weeks.
- WOW activities will encompass at least half of the school day. Some activities may extend past the end of the school day.
- WOW is an extension of and enhancement to the school’s current physical education program therefore all students will benefit from the program.
- A variety of winter activities will be offered. The sports being offered include nordic skiing, snowshoeing/hiking, ice skating, alpine skiing, snowboarding, and Utah Olympic Park training.
- Both faculty and parent volunteers will act as chaperones.
- Some sports offerings will be free of cost while others will require a financial commitment (e.g. alpine skiing).